SONA is a multi-award-winning luxury home technology company based in Cheshire, and a CEDIA Member of Excellence. Our projects are primarily fully integrated luxury systems and cinema rooms in the North West of the UK with some projects across the country and abroad.
You are passionate about technology and how things are put together. Unphased by managing high profile or high net worth clients, you are skilled at helping clients define what they want and discussing the advantages and disadvantages of different solutions.
You are able to relate to clients and their lives at home to understand how technology can enhance those spaces and by association their lives at home.
You are incredibly proactive and organised when it comes to prioritising work and keeping people updated.
You are not afraid to suggest an alternative or make recommendations to a client when you feel they will be disappointed with the results they will get from what they say they want.
You are calm under pressure, methodical and consistent in your approach and your team members and clients know they can rely on you.
You get satisfaction from developing an idea or concept into a defined system design (including the smallest details) to the finished product in a clients home or yacht.
You enjoy immersing yourself in drawings and the specifics of system design, but also like the variety of being directly involved with client liaison and working hand in hand with the installation team and delivering the finished product.
This is a full-time position. The role of a SONA Technical Designer is to be the bridge between the SONA client and the installation team. Your main aim is to support clients through creating the perfect system for their home and family, whilst ensuring that this vision, along with the specific details, is continually communicated to the installation team. The end result should be a client who has felt in control and informed at all times, who receives a system that meets their vision whilst exceeding their expectations.
Your work will include the following:
- Creation of concept and detailed system designs which include all elements that SONA supply and install (cable infrastructure, data networks, lighting and window treatment systems, audio video systems, home cinema and everything in-between).
- Liaison with clients and their representatives to present and discuss proposals and answer their queries and act upon feedback.
- Handover of projects to site manager to ensure clear brief is given and feedback received and acted on.
- Liaising with and directly supporting the site manager and engineering team with the production of system documentation including schematics, layouts, detail drawings, schedules etc.
- Researching new products.
- Constantly consider and review functionality, price and performance of the products we offer.
- Bench testing and demonstration of new products and solutions to in-house team.
- Update Design Director weekly on work status and outstanding issues.
- Creation, issue, and management of project change orders.
- Attendance at progress and planning meetings, both on and off site.
- Providing remote support if and when needed for engineers on site.
- Production of client handover pack upon completion of a project with as-fitted documentation.
- Liaison with project partners to ensure a seamless finish with all elements of the project (electrical, mechanical and furniture contractors for example).
- Guardianship and preservation of client confidentiality and network/home security.
Essential Experience and Qualities
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the custom installation industry, in the high-end residential or marine sector.
- Passionate about technology and experienced on its usage and implementation in the luxury residential market
- A comprehensive knowledge of the topology of integrated systems and the practical design and installation of those systems into private (domestic) environments.
- Up-to-date working knowledge of product ranges for manufacturers such as Crestron, Draytek, Lutron, Ruckus, Sony Professional, Sonance, SONOS, Wyrestorm,
- Able to stay focused, controlled and methodically work through project work, whilst organising and managing incoming tasks.
- Strong team player who can provide clear and detailed descriptions, briefs, drawings and plans to both the client, project partners and the engineering team.
- The ability to direct a conversation in order to analyse client requirements and suggest the most appropriate solutions.
- Approachable, yet professional with an extra mile mentality towards everything you do.
- Able to work well in a team or independently.
- Ability to thrive under pressure and go above and beyond when needed.
- Full clean UK driving license.
The following experience is all advantageous but not essential
- Familiarity with D-Tools System Integrator software.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Visio software.
As part of the interview process we will ask you to take part in an exercise where we provide you with a client brief and you then develop and present a system design proposal for consideration.
Sounds interesting? We’re looking for exceptional people to join our team and we want to hear from you.
Stand out from the crowd by sending your CV with a cover letter telling us why you’re an amazing systems designer.
Email your CV & cover letter to email@example.com by the 28th of May.