SONA is a multi-award-winning luxury home technology company based in Cheshire, and a CEDIA Member of Excellence. Our projects are primarily fully integrated luxury systems and cinema rooms in the North West of the UK with some projects across the country and abroad.
SONA are looking to recruit our next engineering star, representing the SONA brand in the field.
You need to be task focussed and detail-oriented, with excellent time management and organisational skills. A confident and clear communicator, with the ability to thrive under pressure, going above and beyond when needed.
This is a full-time position installing SONA home automation systems across the North West region. Occasional travel may be required across the country or abroad.
Your work will include the following:
Installation and commissioning of home automation equipment
Fault finding and troubleshooting both on and off-site.
Interpretation, or at least familiarity of system schematics and construction drawings.
Creating and maintaining accurate up-to-date installation records and on-site reports
Providing clear updates and reports to Site Managers, clients and project partners.
Commitment to safe working practices and maintaining Health and Safety requirements.
Essential Experience and Qualities
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the custom installation industry
- Experience in cable termination and rack building.
- Experience in home automation, networking, lighting and audio video systems such as Crestron, Control4, Cisco, Lutron, Ruckus, Sonos, Wyrestorm.
- The capability to read, understand and translate technical drawings including layouts, schedules and schematics.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong trouble-shooting skills, with the ability to analyse and reflect to determine the best possible solution for clients
- High personal standards of presentation and the desire to ensure cleanliness, tidiness and safety standards are upheld.
- Approachable, yet professional with an extra mile mentality towards everything you do.
- Team player, who takes an interest in what’s happening around them and is always looking for the opportunity to progress and be recognised as a valued member of the team.
- Excellent time management, organisational skills and the ability to prioritise tasks.
- Ability to thrive under pressure and go above and beyond when needed.
- Full clean UK driving license.
The following experience is all advantageous but not essential, and full training will be provided for the successful candidate
- Familiarity with D-Tools System Integrator software.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Visio software.
- Lutron Homeworks programming certification.
- Crestron system programming course (all levels).
- Control4 Automation Programmer Certification.
- Knowledge of advanced networking concepts such as subnets, CIDR notation and VLANs, and configuration on Draytek, Netgear, Ruckus and Cisco Meraki equipment.
Sounds interesting? We’re looking for exceptional people to join our team and we want to hear from you.
Stand out from the crowd by sending your CV with a cover letter and photographs of your work.
Email your CV & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org